Communications opportunity — Centre for Digital Public Services (CDPS) Wales
At CDPS we’re passionate about sharing ideas, learning and delivery. We believe that to support our aim of really transforming the way public services are delivered in Wales we need to work in the open, creating a culture of trust and collaboration.
We’re currently in our ‘alpha’ phase, testing the findings from our discovery and running a number of projects focused on user centred service design, digital skills and sharing of knowledge and ideas. To support us through this phase we’re looking for a talented, bilingual (Welsh/English) communications officer to come and work with us until the end of March 2021.
The role is part of our small, core team and will work across all areas of the Centre to create content and messaging that support our aims as well as managing our social media accounts. As part of our alpha phase we want to explore how Welsh language becomes an integrated part of the way we design and deliver public services, so not only are we looking for a Welsh speaking comms officer, but we’re looking for someone keen to contribute to that thinking.
We’d love to bring someone currently working in communications as part of public service delivery in Wales across on secondment. It’s a brilliant opportunity to support the creation of the Centre whilst learning new skills to create knowledge transfer back into your home organisation. If you work in comms in Health, Education, Local Authority, Welsh Government or one of its arms length bodies, or blue light services, we’d love you to think about applying.
What we’re looking for
A communications professional with experience of:
· Managing social media platforms
· Understanding audiences and how to evaluate communications activities
· Events management (including online events)
· Stakeholder management
· Campaign based communications approaches
· Change communications
For this role the ability to speak Welsh fluently is an essential requirement. The successful applicant will be creating content and managing social media platforms in both English and Welsh.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a one page cover letter setting out why you’re interested in this secondment and the experience you can bring to the Centre to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 20 November.
· This is a 4-month secondment (December to March) with the possibility of an extension of up to a year
· CDPS is based in Ebbw Vale, but at the moment the team is working remotely and this is expected to continue until at least March 2021 (with the option for flexible working thereafter)
· We’re happy to consider part time and job share applications
· We’re not so worried about your grade, we’re more interested in finding someone with the right experience and skills who shares our passion for public service delivery in Wales
· You can find out more about the Centre at www.digitalpublicservices.gov.wales
Want to find out more?
Want more information or an informal chat? Then please get in touch, we’d love to talk to you. Info@digitalpublicservices.gov.wales